MICHELE ALFANO DESIGN projects are sought after by interior design publications for its architectural edge. The studio has been featured in media platforms and magazines such as Interiors, INTERIOR DESIGN, Contemporary Tile & Stone Magazine and countless blogs. In the past two years, Michele has partnered with brands such as DXV, Perlick, Robern and Brizo. She currently has been picked to be on the DXV Design Panel 2017, is a Robern Brand Ambassador 2017 and has participated on the 2016 Perlick Design Council, She also has contributed as a designer and steering committee member for DIFFA Picnic by Design and will participate on the 2017 DIFFA Dining by Design committee for the Architectural Digest show 2017.
Design, Food and Charity is a great combination for a summer event. It was my FIFTH year participating in DIFFA’s Picnic By Design. Past three years, I was able to work behind the scenes on the steering committee. Picnic By Design redefines the concept of a traditional picnic where 20 designers come together to create innovative picnic basket experiences that were auctioned with proceeds benefiting DIFFA, (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS) a non-profit that promotes education for those living with AIDS/HIV through the creative arts. See my designs on the DESIGN PAGE.
DESIGN AWARDS + Accolades
- DESIGN AWARD 2018: KITCHEN & BATH DESIGN NEWS TOP 50 INFLUENCER
- DESIGNHOUNDS TOP 100 INFLUENCERS: #12, MICHELE ALFANO – MICHELE ALFANO DESIGN
- DESIGN AWARD 2017: DXV DESIGN PANELIST 2017
- DESIGN AWARD 2016: ONE OF FOUR FINALISTS IN THE PERLICK #HOW DOYOUPERLICK CONTEST
- DESIGN AWARD 2015: TIED FIRST PLACE WINNER IN THE DIFFA PICNIC BY DESIGN COMPETITION 2015 – SPONSORED BY INTERIOR DESIGN MAGAZINE
- DESIGN AWARD 2015: 2ND PLACE WINNER IN THE PERLICK DESIGN CHALLENGE
- DESIGN AWARD NOVEMBER 2012: WON LAYLA GRAYCE/OLIOBOARD “EXPRESS YOUR STYLE LIVING ROOM CONTEST” JUDGED BY ACCLAIMED DESIGNER JONATHAN ADLER
- DESIGN AWARD NOVEMBER 2012: WON POPULAR VOTE FOR LAYLA GRAYCE/OLIOBOARD “EXPRESS YOUR STYLE DINING ROOM CONTEST” JUDGED BY ACCLAIMED DESIGNER TOBI FAIRLEY
- DESIGN AWARD: 2001 BUSINESS WEEK/ ARCHITECTURAL RECORD DESIGN AWARD FOR IWATAYA PASSAGE, FUKUOKA JAPAN. WALKER-GROUP/CNI.
- DESIGN AWARD: 21ST ANNUAL INTERIORS INTERIORS AWARD FOR “BEST PUBLIC SPACE” FOR IWATAYA PASSAGE, FUKUOKA JAPAN. PUBLISHED IN INTERIOR MAGAZINE. WALKER GROUP/CNI.
- DESIGN AWARD: AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS 2000 HONORS AWARD IN INTERIORS FOR IWATAYA PASSAGE, FUKUOKA JAPAN. WALKER GROUP/CNI.